Table of Contents
Travel to and around Tromsø
How to reach Tromsø
Flighttime between Oslo and Tromsø is about 1 hour and 50 minutes. There are several direct flights every day. SAS operates flights from most cities to Tromsø Airport Langnes. From Oslo there is “budget” air travel by Norwegian Air Shuttle.
The airport is situated on the north side of the island and travel time to the city centre is at most 20 minutes.
Travel from airport to Tromsø city centre or UiT
Airport Express bus
- Route 40 og 42 stop at the airport, and both go to the city center (15-20 minutes).
- To get to UiT from city center, take bus 20:
- They run every 10-15 minutes in the morning, the ride takes 10min.
Instructions: Follow the main street towards the pedestrian part. At the beginning of the pedestrian part, you can see a lot of bus stops. Bus 20/21 stop at the upper bus stop. Get off at “UiT/ISV”, that’s the bus stop after you passed the rocketshaped planetarium on the campus.
- Alternatively, to get to UiT from airport take 40 or 42 only to Giæverbukta (4 min ride). Change to bus 33. Get off at UiT after 8 minutes.
- Bus tickets can be bought on the bus (cash only, appr. NOK50 per ride), or using the app Troms Mobillett (appr. NOK32 per ride). They can also be bought at the Point kiosk in the arrival hall at the airport. All bus schedules can be found on the app Troms Reise, which has a map of all bus stops in town.
Prices and route information public bus (English)
The taxi station is to the left outside the arrival hall. The travel time to the city center is about 10 minutes. Following companies serve the airport:
- Tromsø Taxi Phone: 03011
- Din Taxi Phone: 02045
Building and rooms
The event will be hosted at Teknologibygget where the new national supercomputer is placed. You can find it on our campus map https://uit.no/campustromso
Map of relevant rooms: